Concert and Upcoming Events

The A2 Concert Band concert was a couple of weeks ago, and it went ok. Not as good as our usual concerts due to a shortened rehearsal schedule with harder music, but ok. I really did like the music though! My parents even got to come up that weekend for the concert so it was a good time.

Check out the trumpet section here (although we are missing a few players in this pic.)


As for the rest of the weekend, Mom's birthday was the following week (March 19) so we all went out to the Melting Pot for fondue on Saturday to celebrate. I love that place, and I think my parents enjoyed it too!

For example, here they are enjoying a fondue deep-fried mushroom cap.


Those were the highlights of the weekend! Since then, we have been gathering gear and getting ready for our trip out west. We leave tomorrow morning at 6:45 am - and I hope to be on the slopes by noon Mountain time! We'll have to see though, there is that altitude adjustment to deal with too.

The plan is Keystone from tomorrow, April 2 until Monday, April 6. Then we fly to Portland, Oregon, and head out to Mt. Hood. We'll be taking a snow climbing course on April 7, followed by a summit attempt on April 8. Finally, we come back home next Thursday.

Wish us luck, and we'll share the events when we return!

Comments

Popular Posts