Strange Thoughts

It's funny how things that seem incredibly scary at one time become an obsession after the fact. Take the Mt. Hood climb, for example. I had so much fear when we hit the steep part of the slope above the hogsback. Mentally, I didn't even want to continue, but I was able to overcome that feeling to get to the summit. What a great accomplishment! Still, though, I felt that I didn't want to climb any more mountains in the future after I got down from that one. 

A few days later, I realized that I wanted that feeling again. What feeling, I'm not sure. Fear? Maybe. Accomplishment? Most definitely! 

So now what? It's too late to become a mountaineer, and I don't live in an area that caters to such desires. I don't think that I can get 'good' and 'experienced' at climbing this late in life, but I can only hope to travel to more mountains and maybe to climb another in the near future. 

When planning another vacation I have such an urge to go for another summit, and just as big of an urge to see beautiful blue water on a white sand beach. I guess I have to wait and see where we end up. New interests and hobbies are so much fun, but I have to remember that it can't take over my thoughts and my life everytime I find something that I like to do.

Comments

Popular Posts