Busy Summer = Fun!
Wow, it's already mid-June, and I feel like this summer has been super fun! After Vegas, we enjoyed a laid back Memorial Day long weekend at home and grilling with our neighbor, Jessica, and amazing her little girl, Maddie. We also enjoyed the pool and hanging out in the sun!
We've been training for the San Francisco half marathon, so our running schedule keeps us on our toes too. The race is July 26 so we have some time still - we are on to 9 miles for our long run on Saturday. Wish us luck! The last weekend in May, we ran the Dexter-Ann Arbor 10K, and that was a lot of fun and we felt great. It was my first 10K and I loved it!
We are looking forward to the trip to San Francisco for the race, which happens to have stemmed from a work trip that ended up being July 20-24. Kev will come out and meet me for the weekend and we can enjoy the city. It looks like I'll be going back to San Francisco for a conference in August, but nothing is set up yet, so we'll see.
The other fun thing for this week is that Google put on an event called 'Google Serve' where they encouraged us all to volunteer with local organizations. I helped at the Huron Valley Humane Society yesterday afternoon and had a blast! I fell in love with a kitten named Philben, but no luck in convincing Kev that he should be our third cat...but I'm confident he'll find a good home because he has a great personality. And for my kitties, they have a new cat tree on the way - yay!
Comments
Post a Comment
Drop me a line!